Before you Dine:
Upon arrival at BLACKOUT dining in the Dark, our staff will explain the concept and the dining process will be described in detail. At this time, they will also ask you about any food allergies you may have.
Before you are led into complete darkness and to your table, we ask that you place all light emitting objects, such as cell phones, watches, lighters, and cameras into the secure lockers that we provide for your convenience. Our lockers are offered to our guests free of charge while you dine with us. This policy is in place to make sure all of our guests have a wonderful sensory experience while dining in the dark with us. We also suggest visiting the restroom facilities before entering the dining room.
While you Dine:
The Dining in the Dark experience begins in a pitch black dining room where our friendly servers will guide and assist you to your table. Trust in our trained staff and allow them to lead you through your new dark environment. Once you have become acquainted with complete darkness, you’ll notice that it’s quite relaxing, your social awareness is heightened, and any shy feelings you may have had will quickly disappear. During your dining experience, you’ll feel your way through a five to seven course prix-fixe plant based meal, one course at a time. Each deliciously robust course offers a symphony of flavors and has been beautifully created to entice the taste buds and awaken the senses. We have an extensive drink menu and you will be able to order drinks right to your table. If you have any food allergies, please remind your waiter to ensure that we accommodate your needs. If you need your guide at any time, please call them by their first name and they will attend to your promptly. For the safety of our wait staff and guests, please do not leave your seat in the dark dining area unless your guide is accompanying you.
After you Dine:
After your BLACKOUT Dining in the Dark Experience has completed, your guide will escort you and your party to the lobby. It may take a moment for your eyes to adjust to the light, this is normal. You may want to look down or shield your eyes until you’re fully adjusted to the light.
At this point, it is time to say our goodbyes and we hope that you had a wonderfully unique sensory journey throughout your evening with us. Be sure to share your experience with friends and family, through social media and by word of mouth. Check us out of Facebook, Yelp, and Instagram. Before you leave, remember to collect your belongings from your assigned locker.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do come with an open mind to have an incredible sensory experience.
- Do come prepared to leave your cell phones and other lit devices in our secure lockers while you dine.
- Do be prepared to give up your sense of sight for a short period of time in order to enhance your other senses.
- Don’t be concerned about being in a pitch black dining room. Our highly skilled staff is specially trained to help with all of your needs.
- Don’t worry about eating in the dark. You will become acquainted with your new environment in no time.
- Don’t forget to make reservations beforehand! This will ensure that you get to experience BLACKOUT without a long wait time.